Monday 8 February 2016

A walk in the whirling snow

With a blizzard falling on Nova Scotia this afternoon, I had the opportunity to break out the camera for my walk home. I have only managed to time this right perhaps once or twice a winter over the last few years. For some reason, I seem to invariably convert these images to black and white - perhaps so I can safely increase the contrast without making the colours seem odd. 

Some of my images from this afternoon:

Halifax Central Library.
Nova Centre under construction, as seen through an arch.
The Grafton tunnel under Nova Centre. A slow shutter speed nicely blurred the passage of snow flakes.
Argyle Street in the snow, near the Carleton.
Commuters evacuating the downtown via Lower Water Street.
Alderney marshalling yard.
One of the gates to Leighton Dillman Park (aka Dartmouth Common).
Trees on Dartmouth Common.
Plus, one of my favourites from last year:

A bus leaving the Metro Transit bridge terminal in Dartmouth.
Now, all I have to do is shovel it all out of the driveway tomorrow morning. I'm not entirely sure it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment