Thursday 31 December 2020

Imagery of 2020

Despite the pandemic and reduced opportunities for travel, I still managed to take a respectable number of photos in2020. I will show some of my favourites.

This first image didn't require me to go too far afield - it documents freezing rain on the bush off the end of our back deck.


Several trips to Lawrencetown Beach and other areas on the Eastern Shore near Halifax netted a number of images that I am rather happy with. These first few were taken during a visit in May for sunrise.




The next image is a collage of 9 images documenting the interaction between a rock on the beach and the incoming surf.

Just a few weeks ago, a couple friends and I returned to Lawrencetown for sunrise - it was overcast, but the sun did eventually come out.



On my first trip in May, I captured several nice images of the reflections on calm coves along the road back to the city.


Further out the Eastern Shore, I managed to time a visit to Fisherman's Reserve with sunset.


Before the COVID-19 lockdowns began, a trip to the family cottage on the LaHave River caught some ice on the beach.


Although we opened up a bit late due to COVID, we did manage to spend a fair bit of time there over the summer, and captured a few sunsets.


Shortly before we closed up for the season, I was lucky to be there one morning when calm water coincided with a nice moody fog.


A visit to the LaHave Islands over the summer allowed this capture of a tidal pool.


Lunenburg was a frequent destination over the summer, and we even spent two nights there near the harbour, which allowed me to get sunrise photos one morning. 

This dory was captured in front of a red fishing boat tied up at the Railway Wharf.


An outside "dory-inspired" art installation near the Fisheries Museum:


Trees along the shore at the foot of the Golf Course:




I also ventured to Blue Rocks on a couple of occasions.




I only managed to get to Peggy's Cove once this year, but my visit was well timed as I managed to get this shot with the sun silhouetting the lighthouse (and making it appear that the light is much brighter than it really is).


My daily walk to work was curtailed until the fall, but I did manage to capture one nice sunrise from the boardwalk.




Finally, leaving work one evening in December I managed to capture the City Hall light show.


Here's hoping that 2021 is an easier year all around, and I look forward to the photographic opportunities that it may bring. Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment