Saturday 21 January 2023

Operation Nanook stories in Warships IFR

 I was happy to finally see the January issue of Warships IFR magazine appear in my local magazine store, Atlantic News, which is located at the corner of Morris and South Streets in Halifax. This particular issue has two of my pieces inside, one on Op Nanook, and the second on the visit of USS Gerald R. Ford to Halifax back in October.

January issue of Warships IFR on the shelf at Atlantic News.

In addition, the February issue (with Part III of my Operation Nanook piece) will soon be released in the UK. Here is a preview of the cover as well as the table of contents page that includes a picture of the bird that landed on my head while I was interviewing Captain Sheldon Gillis while we were at sea off the coast of Labrador.

Cover of the February 2023 issue of Warships IFR.
Table of Contents for the February 2023 issue of Warships IFR.

The January issue is probably still 3 weeks out from appearing on the shelf, and obviously the February issue is quite far out at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment