Saturday 3 April 2021

Upcoming - Harry Dewolf Tour

Back in January I received a tour of the Royal Canadian Navy's future HMCS HARRY DEWOLF and had the opportunity to interview her Commanding Officer, Cdr Corey Gleason. I've been sitting on the photos for a while to avoid scooping my article appearing across two issues of Warships IFR magazine - Part 1 in the April edition, and Part 2 appearing in May. The April edition is already out in the UK, and will likely appear on shelves in Canada in the 3rd or 4th week of April, with the May edition following in late May. I typically pick up a copy at Atlantic News, but I believe Chapters also carries the magazine. The cover of the April issue looks like this:


Part 1 of the article uses three pages to discuss the Arctic/Offshore Patrol Vessel's (AOPV) capabilities and position within the RCN fleet, while Part 2 sprawls across four pages and describes the process by which a new ship (and indeed, a new class of ship) is brought into service. While I plan to show more of the photos here once the May edition is on shelves, I won't go into as much detail describing the ship as I have done in the magazine.






No comments:

Post a Comment